Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My thoughts and prayer

Dear God,

Let me start off by saying thank you for giving me life. I may not always express it, but I am thankful for the ability to experience every emotion, good health and loving family and friends.

Although my blessings are too numerous to list, I would like to petition the universe for something else. I need a purpose for my life. I need a passion. I need to identify what it is that I was put on this earth to do. Something that makes me feel worthy, fulfilled and takes away the desire to just "numb out" at times. As I write this, I think I put the request for the proverbial cart in front of the proverbial horse. So, let me modify and start off by asking for the ability to be receptive to any 'signs' the universe is sending my way. Along with that, I ask for the ability to interpret those signs and the faith to act.

Don't get me wrong. I know that my issues(listed above) appear more trivial than the majority of the population's. But, that doesn't mean they should be discounted. These issues are important to me. While others around me may find my prayer very petty or narcissistic, I believe that you love and listen to all your children equally. Hence, why I am documenting my requests.

In closing, I am deeply thankful for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me. Please keep my family, friends and loved ones safe as they go about their lives. In your name we pray. Amen.

No comments: