Monday, January 21, 2008

February 9th is getting closer and closer

In three weeks I'll be in Lima! My gosh! Doesn't leave me a lot of time, so I'm asking y'all for some help.

Along with the 56 items on the packing list (I kid you not, the list is four pages long), there is the following paragraph;


"Each day, as you and your fellow volunteers gather as a team to discuss how everyone is doing and how things are progressing, part of the discussion will include someone reading a 'thought for the day' as a simple reminder of where you are and why you are there. With this in mind, you should think about bringing a copy of a favorite poem, letter, excerpt from a book or whatever you think may be appropriate to share with your fellow team members. Use your imagination."


The floor is now open for suggestions. I have no problem coming up with quotes or 'Christa-isms,' but I get the sense they want something deeper than that.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Christa

P.S. There is still time to donate! Please contact me if you are interested in donating to my program fee.

No comments: