Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Don't let that book blow away!



Whoa. Hold down the animals and small children. The wind is fierce. I mean, an average of 35 to 45 MPH with gusts of 60 MPH.

So, while I'm "holding down the fort," I've also been keeping one hand on my trusty current read, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. Hys-ter-i-cal! As in, burn-your-nasal-passage-because-you-snarfed-your-hot-tea-while-you-were-laughing hysterical.

For those of us who never gave thought to the Jesus' boyhood years, this will get you thinking. It makes you ponder about how 'human' Jesus was. Yes, I'm afraid that a book that burns nasal passages could help the population at large explore our human-ness.

No, it is not a religion book; nor is reading it a religious experience. Yet, I would consider it a must read for those of us who have a tendency to take religion, spirituality and the meaning of life a little too seriously.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must attend to my burns. Anyone know a good way to get antibiotic ointment up your nose and between your eyes?

1 comment:

Simpatico said...

Funny!

We were almost blown away yesterday, too. Some major damage in sections of N.N.