Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still no picture of the garden


Too overcast today. Not a good outdoor picture taking kind of day. However, I offer up this photo, taken last week, as an example of how Coastal Carolina is starting to come alive this spring.

By the way, I forgot to tell y'all that I transplanted (my husband called it 'recycled') 9 earthworms from the back flower beds to the veggie garden. As I was weeding, if I found an earthworm, I'd excitedly jump up with my squirming, juicy cargo, run to the veggie garden, dig a little hole, gentle place my precious friend in their new dwelling and lovingly cover it up. Yeah, I'm sure the neighbors who witnessed this ritual, repeated nine times, came to a hasty conclusion about my sanity. Did I mention that after I covered the hole, I would say to each worm, "Welcome to your new home, Eartha."

Eartha is what I named the first one. After that, there was Earl, Erica, Eric, Erin, Edward, Erdette, Egads and Earlynne. I hope you will also welcome your little earthworm friends this spring.

3 comments:

Simpatico said...

You are TOO funny. We could give you dozens of cousins, if you want to dig them out.

Dawn said...

You are funny. Worms are our friends and I hope they help to make your garden a huge success.

Popoki said...

Did you tell your 9 new wormy friends that their new home comes with a fresh scent of biodegradable Black Kow?