Thursday, October 16, 2008

And what did you do on World Bread Day?


Yeast, flour, salt and water. Basic pantry staples, right? But, put 'em together and what do you get?

Ahhhhhhh! Bread!

There is nothing like the smell of a kitchen while bread is being baked (or proofing). And that was the smell that permeated our kitchen, and entire house, today in honor of World Bread Day. It is heavenly, unworldly, a sensation that can not be described with any of Webster's words.

However, the smell of fresh baking bread leads one to eat bread. And, that is exactly what I've done. Eat bread (and cheerios) all darn day long.

Since I couldn't devote all day to bread making, I stuck to two of my rarely-fail, crowd pleasers; rustic white and simply honey wheat. Different, yet divine in their own way.

Oh, and for those of you who wanted an update on the status of my freelance project: It is going very, very well. I sent what I've done to date to the woman who contracted me and she was very complimentary. Can someone please tell me why I doubted myself in the beginning?

No comments: