Friday, October 24, 2008

How was your commute?



Since DJ and I both work from home (the majority of the time), we find ourselves with free time that usually coincides with 'rush hour' for all those office workin' folks. What to do with this time?



I know. Let's go kayaking. So, we set off a little before 5 PM on Tuesday for a short 'yak attack. As we're paddling along, I looked left and saw the Neuse River bridge filled with commuters on their way home. I turned right and saw my husband's bright orange kayak and his cute little self wearing his favorite John Deere baseball hat.

"DJ, since we work from home, is this (our 'yak attack) our version of the end of the day commute?"

"Yeah. I guess so."

I love my life.

1 comment:

Simpatico said...

I know you must count your blessings daily. How fortunate you are.