Sunday, October 12, 2008

Quote for the day


"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present."

---Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

I got a freelance job on Friday. The 'final product' is due October 22nd. I'm excited and nervous as hell. Since accepting this opportunity, all my old insecurities have festered to the surface like splinters working out of skin. I think that is why the quote above struck a chord when I found it earlier today. These are words that I'm mentally repeating to (1) stay present and (2) remind myself that I have kicked ass in the past and I'll do it again. This week.

3 comments:

Simpatico said...

. . . and you'll do it while living in a place you love.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!! I know you can & will kick butt.

Dawn said...

Congratulations on the job, Christa! That's awesome. I know you will do awesome at whatever you do, so go kick some butt!